This Forbes article outlines 7 easy ways that can positively change our brain.
- Exercise – Regular exercise increases brain volume, thinking, memory skills and even reduces the risk of dementia
- Food & Spices – The brain uses 20% of the body’s energy. Consuming unprocessed food releases constant energy and makes the brain happier
- Vitamins & Minerals – Certain vitamins like Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D aid the brain and getting these vitamins from food is much better than external supplements
- Coffee – Consuming coffee keeps us alert, and reduces the risk of Depression, Alzheimers and Parkinson
- Meditation – We all know the benefits of meditation to brain volume, improved attention and concentration
- Education/Mental activity – Being mentally active over our lifetime helps with our cognitive health
- Sleep- The brain never sleeps and it helps our cognitive health so let’s aim for those 7 hours shall we?
Some of you probably do all 7, if you do, good on ya, keep it going. I always drink coffee, mostly exercise and can meditate more!