- “It’s the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary; only wise men are able to understand them. ”
- “Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.”
- “I’m like everyone else—I see the world in terms of what I would like to see happen, not what actually does.”
- “Never stop dreaming,” the old king had said. “Follow the omens.”
- “Because I don’t live in either my past or my future. I’m interested only in the present. If you can concentrate always on the present, you’ll be a happy man. You’ll see that there is life in the desert, that there are stars in the heavens, and that tribesmen fight because they are part of the human race. Life will be a party for you, a grand festival, because life is the moment we’re living right now”
- “If good things are coming, they will be a pleasant surprise,” said the seer. “If bad things are, and you know in advance, you will suffer greatly before they even occur.”
- “ The secret is here in the present. If you pay attention to the present, you can improve upon it. And, if you improve on the present, what comes later will also be better. ”
- “One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.”
- “There is only one thing that makes a dream “impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”
- “That’s what alchemists do. They show that, when we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better, too.”
Excerpt From: Coelho, Paulo. “The Alchemist.” Apple Books.
I have gone through this book and it helped me towards my journey to get enlightenment.
Thank you so much for sharing lines from the book 📚
No worries Arun.
LikeLiked by 1 person
No worries 😊🙏